Fees and costs are based on an hourly rate of $160.00 (except for couples counselling). A sliding fee is available if clients have financial difficulties – in this situation costs will be determined on a case by case basis. Normally this will be determined either by phone prior to the first session or during the first session.
Psychological services are covered by most extended health plans. The percentage of cost covered per visit varies from one plan to another as does the maximum amount covered per person per year. Payment is by cheque or cash.
- Counselling sessions typically last one hour (50 minute session and ten minutes for note taking and planning) for a cost of $160.00
- The exception to this is the first session which often lasts 1.5 hours for a cost of $240.00
- Counselling sessions typically last one hour (50 minute session and ten minutes for note taking and planning) for a cost of $180.00
- The exception to this is the first session which often lasts 1.5 hours for a cost of $270.00
- Prices include a written report
- $2260.00 for a basic assessment - includes IQ, academic testing plus other tests as appropriate
- The basic assessment typically involves four appointments: the initial interview session, two testing sessions of about two hours long each, and a final interview session to review assessment findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- There is a small percentage of “basic assessments” that are much more complex than is typical. In this situation the total cost will exceed $2260.00. The total cost will be clarified during the first session.
- The total payment for a basic assessment is typically broken down into four smaller payments
- $1720.00 behavioural or clinical assessment - does not include IQ and academic testing
- The behavioural or clinical assessment typically involves two appointments: initial interview, and the final interview to review findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- This type of assessment also involves “take home” tests which are completed at home and returned to the office before the final interview appointment.
- The total payment for this assessment is typically broken down into two payments