Why Choose Dr. Smith
Dr Tim Smith, Ph.D., C.Psych. - Psychologist - brings over 20 years of experience delivering psychological services to children teens, adults, and families. Although each client brings a somewhat unique situation, it is very likely that Dr. Smith has worked with many clients presenting the same broad issues that you are dealing with.
- He has been formally certified to provide psychological services to children, teens, and adults.
- He uses a strengths based solution oriented form of counselling which helps clients incorporate their own strengths and abilities to bring about positive change
- He draws on therapeutic techniques that have been empirically validated – clinical research has shown that they are useful for the particular problem or issue being presented
- He is a very good listener which helps him to get a good sense of your situation. This provides a strong foundation on which to offer a new perspective and to make suggestions.
- Because he offers both counselling and formal assessment services he can readily offer counselling clients supplemental assessment services to help clarify the nature of more complex issues
- He is well known throughout Simcoe County and his counselling and assessment work is well regarded
- He has worked in school boards and through this experience knows how to write reports that are likely to help you access available supports
- His assessment reports are user-friendly, practical, and tailored to your needs
- He always assesses strengths as well as problems
- His assessments are thorough – he does not use abbreviated or mini test batteries to save on time at the expense of quality
- Whether you are looking for assessment or counselling you will be able to get you started right away – time slots are always kept open for new clients